A Rogue Ales & Spirits year in review: All the beers, spirits, barrels, ingredients that we brewed, distilled, built, grew and more in 2018 broken down by the numbers.
Thursday, January 3, 2019
In 2018, Die Hard and Beetlejuice turned 30. And so did we.
Over the last few days, we’ve been toasting to the end of a great year with our fellow Rogues at Rogue World Headquarters in Newport, Rogue Farms in Independence, at our seven public houses across Oregon and in Issaquah, Washington. We raised a glass to the entire year with all Rogues, including those at the Rogue Spirits distillery and at Rogue Rolling Thunder Barrel Works. And there's a lot to celebrate.
In the same year that Meghan Markle had a Royal Wedding, we had a Rogue Wedding when Rogue Brewery Assassin Jacqui married Rogue Brewer Matt. And while over 3 million babies were born in the U.S., five were born to our fellow Rogues. As everyone got a song about a baby shark stuck in their head, we delivered a sloth and a wombat.
There was so much more that happened in the last year. Here are just a few of the big hits.
When it came to growing beer & spirits in 2018, we …
- Harvested 74,142 lbs of Rogue Farms Hops
- Picked 1,224 Rogue Farms Dream Pumpkins
- Grew 13,517 lbs of Rogue Farms Marionberries
- Peeled 4,262 lbs of Rogue Farms Cucumbers to distill Spruce Gin
- Planted, raised and gathered 10 different beer & spirits ingredients -- not to mention all the crops we grow in our Revolution Garden -- on 74 acres
Then there was the crafting of beer & spirits, when we …
- Created 193 experimental nano brews
- Generated a new Rogue brew every 45 hours
- Canned 7,329,072 Rogue ales & lagers
- Capped 7,069,326 bottles of Rogue beer
- Hand-filled 56,418 Rogue whiskeys & gins (or 42,313,500 ml of Rogue Spirits)
Our two coopers were hard at work. They …
- Built 115 barrels
- Used 12,650 lbs of Oregon oak
- Filled 96 barrels with Rolling Thunder Imperial Stout
We served up the beer & spirits we crafted & built at our seven public houses all year long.
Our 737,958 pub guests ...
- Drank 631,848 pints
- Ate 25,041 plates of cheese curds
- Sipped 24,971 cocktails
- Consumed 147,992 orders of fries (or 55,497lbs of potatoes)
- Introduced 59 comics at 12 Dead Comics Society events
Our hard work really paid off too. We …
- Earned 88 awards for our beers and spirits
- Took home a gold medal at the Great American Brewers Festival
- In total, our beers & spirits have won 1,999 awards in our 30 years
And we continued working in our community, giving back to our neighbors and feeding the fisherman, as we say. We …
- Donated $136,305 to causes in our community through the Rogue Foundation
- Awarded $60,000 to six OSU Fermentation Science students as part of the Jack Joyce Scholarship
- Raised $9,416 to help rebuild the Newport Skatepark in our hometown, to End Alzheimer's and for other non-profits over the summer
Finally, we turned the big 3-0 this year. We're looking forward to the next thirty years and we hope you'll join us on that journey.